Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Poor Man's Pie...

 When I was young (many moons ago), my Mother baked ALOT!!... When there was extra pie crust (usually just the extra edges cut off so that it fit the pie pan properly), she would make a "Poor Man's Pie"...it was just the crust, some milk, flour, butter, cinnamon and sugar...it was so good...Here's an unbaked one and then right out of the oven...Hard to tell the difference...
...it was so good...even Hubby enjoyed it...I'm making another one soon... 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. My mom never made that poor man's pie. I wish she would have, it sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember that at home. Mom used put some kind of jam in it and fold it over. Of course, it was our favorite part of the pie. Usually we got to eat it as soon as it came out of the oven and cooled.
    You've made some geed memories for me.

    ReplyDelete

and it will be appreciated...